Friday, January 16, 2009

Virtual Africa

Have you ever wished to visit the Serengeti ? Until you can do so you can get very close to the experience visiting Virtual Africa in SL.

Virtual Africa

This is a beautiful region, made of 4 (soon to be 5) sims where the African ecosystem, culture and traditions are on display, realized with great passion and care.

Virtual Africa

I found the place jumping randomly from blogs to tweets and, at last, I saw a LM in a tweet, with an invitation to visit the place. I followed the LM and I found myself in this beautiful natural paradise. I was greeted almost immediately by Alanagh Recreant, one of the souls behind the project and a Capetown resident in RL.

Virtual Africa

Alanagh took me around on a balloon tour where I got a great felling of the place. You just need to immerse yourself a bit on the experience and you really believe to be flying over the savana.

Virtual Africa

There are wild animals areas, beautiful landscapes, camping areas, themed platforms in the sky, rivers to navigate, cultural centers and a market where one can find African outfits.

virtual africa

It was an overall great experience. More tours are available with stations to follow all over the place and I definitely plan to go back there for more exploration.

virtual africa

Oh .. I was forgetting: when you are there set your environment to sunset. The warm colors of the sunset light are perfect to enhance an already gorgeous experience.

Have fun ... and remember to pet a lion :)

W

4 comments:

AuroraSkye said...

Oooooo what a wonderful place!!!! And, as usual, I LOVE your photos! I definitely want to visit this place !!! TY so much for letting us all know about it, Wild. :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks pretty neat! Thank you!

Joonie said...

You can "adopt" a meerkat, too! :D

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit Virtual Africa and write about it!

We are glad you enjoyed it, and hope you return soon!

I also suggest going around to Robben Island next door, where there are some African fashion for sale in the African Marketplace.